Mint, Azul, Ocean, Palm - these are all words that come to mind when thinking of our most recent current crushes. This week has been over the top hectic and calm crystal blue seas and palms waving in the wind have been the perfect mental escape.
With Shay’s birthday the last week and the Coachella crazy, below are a few things that have popped on our radar and made a home in our lives…check it:
Buy it here:
- Mint & Gold Wrap Bracelet - The Brave Collection
The bracelets say “Klahan” which means “Brave” in “Khmer” the language of Cambodia. Made in Phnom Penh by a team of fair-trade Cambodian artisans using solid brass, each bracelet is carved and knotted by hand and 10% of the profits are donated to fight human trafficking.
- Flannel Shirt - Rails
I wear flannels to the gym, day to day and even out for a night on the town - they are the perfect piece to bring an outfit together or add a little extra something.
- Ripped Jeans - Blank Denim NYC
We are huge fans of Blank Denim as of late. The fit are fab on all body types and the price can’t be beat. Take this style from simple day to trendy night.
- Biore Skincare - Self-heating One Minute Mask
In just one minute, this thermal mask warms to open pores, draws out and dissolves 2.5 times more dirt, oil, and surface toxins than a basic cleanser, and rinses them clean away with an invigorating cooling sensation without stripping the skin. Infused with natural charcoal, this breakthrough mask melts dirt and oil better than most masks on the market.
- Realbeanz - Coconut Water Iced Coffee
Coffee and coconut water? So you’re saying it is good for us? There is nothing better than healthy convenience - and this is it. Made with hydrating coconut water and a blend of 100% natural ingredients in a flavorful coffee blend…perfecto!
- Sugarfina Candy - Faves Bento Box
Hello to the cutest packaging in the world! Good bye thank you, happy birthday or get well flowers - Hello Sugarfina super chic candy boxes. They also donate a portion to a couple very important causes as well.
- Sunglasses - Wildfox Twiggy Deluxe
Mirrored lenses with a twist. The bold, thick frames and reflective surface and perfect for festival seasons and a knock-out statement piece. They also come in several colors.
- Gold Gladiator Sandals - Stuart Weitzman
With elastic straps going up they legs - these fuss free sandals can be worn to the beach or with a cocktail dress at night. The price is reasonable for high-end shoes as well so these are a great investment for your sunny wardrobe essentials.
- BanTotal - Refresh Cooling Body Wipes
These instantly cool hot skin on contact and leave you feeling refreshed. These convenient wipes leave behind a translucent, superfine powder that keeps skin smooth and comfortable, especially after a workout. And with three light refreshing scents—Enliven, Invigorate, and Restore—you can replace any lingering workout smell with delicate, reviving fragrance in a flash.
- Cupcake - Baked by Melissa Mint Chocolate Chip
These bite sized little morsels are the ideal sugar fix. Go online and even design your own kind. They obviously don’t last long in our household though - one bite turns to 5!
- Tropical Picture - Hotel Azucar Mexico
This hotel is everything - with the bubblegum pink accents and white wash structures it is the perfect girls getaway. Located off the beaten path it is also relaxation certified.
- Powder Blue Handbag - H&M
I bought this in a stone color and have had nothing but compliments from everyone I pass. Is it Saint Laurent? Is it Celine? NO! It is H&M and perfect for an everyday bag that fits it ALL…this is IT bag approved.
- Eyeliners - Nars Larger than Life Long-Wear
Ditch the black for a little something fun. Water an Palm inspired these will add a little something to your usual plain black liner and make those eyes pop!
- Eyeshadow - Nars Duo Cream Shadow in Burn it Blue
Like the liners, these are great for a little change. I am used to creams and neutrals and done right, these will brighten the eye with out looking over the top.
*Portions of this post sponsored by KAO Brands
It’s back to the grind for both of us and thoughts of travel and venture are in the forefront of our minds. We keep stumbling across pictures of far off places that make us want to jump into the image and escape to some place magical.
During recent brainstorming and cooking up some inspiration for (spoiler alert!) our new blog design - we have been thinking about everything we love most. One of those being Shay’s love for Italy and the movie, Under the Tuscan Sun.
With my minor detective skills and the world wide web, within minutes we found we could live out our “own Under the Tuscan Sun life” by renting the actual Villa from the movie itself.
Recently restored and ready for occupants, Villa Laura is located in Cortona, Tuscany. See the beautiful pictures below and be carried off into the Tuscan Sun with us:
Are you like me who is a last minute shopper? I am known for giving exceptional gifts - I am just not exceptional at buying them early! Thankfully if you happen to shop in a pinch like myself, OUR Annual Gift Guide has arrived! And this year we made it a bit different :)
The perfect gifts for that special host or hostess on your party circuit:
Gifts for The Host/Hostess
- Cards Against Humanity - The gift that keeps on giving - We first played this game at a friends and I ordered it the second I got home (mind you there was a 2 month waiting list) - the perfect game to play with a couple cocktails!
- Aqua Farm - Kind of cheesy but super cool - a self watering planter and fish tank…either the best gift ever or you will be on the ‘never invite back list’.
- Restoration Hardware Slippers - I am a massive slipper fan - and we have them for guests when they come to our house. For the couple or family of four this is a great holiday host gift all tied up in a bow!
- Custom (paper) coasters - A personal touch that leaves the personal touch! And coming in a pack of 100 means they can re-use them at the next party!
- Le Labo Candle - I love Le Labo and especially love how you can personalize their candles!
- Real Simple Magazine Subscription - Tie the latest issue up with a nice ribbon and a card for the hostess with the mostess - it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
- 2014 Sugar Paper Calendar - Perfect gift to give a hostess to help her ring in the new year.
- Dana’s Bakery Macarons - Tied up in a bow for the hostess with a sweet tooth - what lady doesn’t love a good mac?
- Signature Cocktail Kit - Choose a cocktail of choice and create a cute little package with the spirit of choice and additional ingredients with the recipe :)
The perfect gifts for that Martha Stewart in your life:
Gifts for the Self-proclaimed Chef
- Vitamix Blender - This is a mega splurge item but something I have had on my list for years - a great investment!
- Product of GIR Spatula - I am a sucker for a good spatula - and who doesn’t love a stylish one in EVERY color!
- OXO Julienne Peeler - I recently just learned how to make Thai green papaya salad…and this tool is a must for that…great stocking stuffer as well!
- Williams-Sonoma Glass Bowl Set - I have given these as a gift several times - the 10 different sizes are super handy…a chef’s must have!
- Fifty Shades of Chicken - For the chef in your life who loves chicken and humor - this spin on the uber sexual ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ phenomenon is tongue in chic with chicken…brilliant!
- Umbra Sombrero Juicer - The no fail way to get lemon into your water…why didn’t I think of this? Doubles as a Stocking stuffer!
- Chicago Metallic Silicone Baking Cups - Improve your baking carbon footprint with these reusable muffin cups! Doubles as a Stocking stuffer!
- OXO Good Grips 9-Inch Tongs - So simple - yet so crucial for every meal - stocking stuffer approved!
- Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender - I have one of these and I use it a lot more than I thought…and who doesn’t love the cute colors!
The perfect gifts for the person who has everything, needs nothing, or will enjoy a gift from your heart while helping the world:
Gifts for the World
- Love Quotes Scarves - Love Quotes donates 10% of net profits to international children’s charities and aims to make the world a more beautiful place by adding color to our lives!
- Be The Light NY Candles - Be the Light New York by Petra Nemcova is a home decór lifestyle brand that will take you on an exciting journey around the world to discover countries and their treasures.
- LSTN Headphones - By purchasing a pair of LSTN headphones you help fund hearing restoration and spread awareness for the global problem of hearing loss and hearing impairment.
- Free the Children - Buy a Goat! - Education is the first step to helping children break free from the cycle of poverty. Free the children empower their mothers, improve their schools, outfit their health clinics and build clean water facilities, with an understanding that everyone and everything, in some way, is joined together. Checkout their catalogue to help a child, their family or their village!
- Me to We Ashe Bracelet - Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. They offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as life-changing experiences.
- Somaly Mam Silk Empowerment Necklace - Slavery survivors often create beautiful works of art as part of recovery therapy. The repetitive nature of stringing jewelry, weaving fabric, and embroidery provides these embattled survivors with a sense of comfort and security in structure and routine, engendering a feeling of pride and accomplishment.. These exquisite pieces reflect the strength, beauty, and resilience of each survivor.
- MAC Viva Glam - The M·A·C AIDS Fund’s mission is to serve people of all ages, all races and all sexes affected by HIV and AIDS. To partner with the bold, the visionary and the brave who confront the epidemic in countries and communities where people are most neglected, off the radar and at highest risk. By purchasing an item from the Viva Glam collection you can contribute to this movement!
- Tieks - Kiva and The Gavrieli Foundation are deeply committed to the empowerment of women around the globe as a means for social change in hopes of creating opportunity and alleviating poverty.
- Sevenly Shirts - Every week Sevenly (and its customers) teams up with a charity, helping raise funds and awareness for 7 full days. Each purchase made gives $7 to the charity partner of the week - and the shirts are uber cute an inspiring!
- Feed 100 Bag - The FEED 100 bag provides 100 Vitamin A Supplements to children around the world!
Anyone in your life constantly using trains, planes and automobiles? Here are the gifts for them:
Gifts for the jet setter
- Otterbox iPad Case - Don’t get your iPad all banged up in your luggage, in airport security, or on your final adventure with this protective iPad case!
- Cleobella Mexicana Clutch - Comes in multiple color options, the leather wears well, can work as a clutch for going out and is perfect for a boarding pass/passport.
- Beats Earbuds - Drown out the airplane noise with these earbuds - I guarantee it will take you into your own world…
- Travel Scrabble - This is Shay and her manager David’s travel must have…keeps long flights fun.
- Mophie Portable iPhone Charger - Unexpected layover? Caught with bad service that drains your battery? Mophie is an iPhone case that doubles as an extra battery!
- Moleskin Notebook - Jot things down on your travels in one of our fave everyday accessories…a moleskin notebook.
- Heads in Beds - This book is what every traveler needs to read. You’ll learn how to game the hospitality system and will pick up a tip or two on what not to do while on the road!
- Folding Raybans - Great for guys and gals - compact, classic, and excellent for travel.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Camera - If I don’t get one of these I will cry - the coolest instant film camera out there!
- Leather Catch All - This is the ideal way to bring a bit of home to a hotel room. Unsnaps to fold flat and makes for easy packing. Great place to throw coins, cufflinks, earrings, or keys in a hotel room.
Have a safe and successful last minute shopping trip!