We can not contain our excitement! Why you ask? Because ShayMitchell.com was featured today in the New York times - yes, the New York times - being compared to Gwyneth Paltrow’s blog Goop.
Mentioned in the article with other amazing ‘Celeb Lifestyle Blogs’ as Goop-esque imitators - we are proud of our passion project and happy we have all of you supporting it! Thanks for being loyal fans and the reason why we wake up and work on it!
Check out the article here.
Honestly, one of the best parts of doing a shoot is capturing moments behind the scenes and being able to show you guys. I walk around with our Canon and get shots from my point of view and Shay sneaks in a couple of her up close and personal selfies as well.
Getting ‘THE SHOT’ is an amazing feeling, but being there between wardrobe, location and lens changes - THESE are the moments leading up to “it’s a wrap” that are candid, fun and raw.
This shoot was awesome to be apart of - the photographer was a genius, and the team was fluid and relaxed through out the whole day. In addition, the theme was ‘Metallics’ - beyond amazing. All in all, it was a fun day with an awesome team and an ideal outcome…great hair, gorg makeup and a bomb wardrobe - and great shots!
Shay and her sexy face mask the night before…
Steph Stone came over the night before to do Shay’s Metallic inspired mani…
We call this the ‘Oil Spill’ mani…
Bright, fun and eclectic accessories!
Always love a good shoe shot…
Color, metallic, and texture…oh my!
Takes two for assembley…haha!
Hair did, makeup did, all did…
I am notorious for snapping shots of the monitor pics - and always thankful I did in the end…this whole look was stunning!!!!!
A Shay selfie in the pink little number (my personal fave)
Love this…Shay and the Photographer in action…
Shay getting ballsey and me getting a tad worried and hovering in case she falls hahaha - this is picture is a perfect illustration of what goes down ahahah…
…what goes on behind that picture…
THE END RESULT!!!!!!
And some of my faves below that didn’t make it into the Magazine but that I still love…
Post by Michaela
Makeup - Carlene Kearns
Twitter & Instagram: @CarleneKMakeup
Hair - Craig Gangi (Argyle Salon)
Stylist - Sophia Banks
Twitter & Instagram: @sophiabanksc
Nails - Steph Stone
Twitter & Instagram: @stephstonenails
I absolutely loved my makeup Carlene did for the Teen Choice Awards - the perfect mix of subtle but glam! After the flood of questions asking how we achieved this look below is a step-by-step of how Carlene nailed this look and what products she used (I also added a few pictures of Steph Stone who did my nails and some pics of the finished look):
How to get this look:
- To prep my skin, Carlene used Murad - Skin Perfection Lotion, Murad Renewing Eye Cream and a basic Lip Balm
- To make sure that my makeup lasted through out the day, she used Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, and Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (this keeps your eyeshadow on all day - a MUST HAVE). She then filled in my eyebrows using Anastasia Brow Filler in 'Medium Ash'
- We chose to go with a strong smokey eye using all Urban Decay Eyeshadows - she started by framing my entire eye with ‘Buck’ - a soft brown eyeshadow that was applied to the crease of my eye and blended up slightly onto the brow bone, and was also smudged thick underneath my eye. A soft neutral “blender” color like this creates the smoke look when applied to a darker shade. ‘Lost’ eyeshadow was applied with a wet eyeshadow brush, wetting the brush makes the pigment go on twice as strong, and was applied from lash line to just under the crease
- Carlene then used Urban Decay “Demolition” 24/7 Eye Liner Pencil and smudged my entire lash line all the way around. The 24/7 pencils are waterproof so before it dried, she used it as a base for a dark smokey shadow ‘Busted’ and blended this on my top lash line as well as under my eye. Last step of the smokey eye is the Black Eyeliner! Urban Decay ‘Perversion’ is the blackest, this was applied to the water line of my eyes to create extra Drama!
- She then glued on a few false Individual lashes and applied 2 coats of L’oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara!
- Once the smokey eyes were finished she used Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation to even out my skin - Then set the foundation and gave it a matte finish with a translucent no color powder
- To add that “summer glow” she used Urban Decay Baked Bronzer to create a warm sunkissed glow to my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin
- Next, she gave the apples of my cheeks a pop of color with NARS “Torrid” Blush
- For my lips, we opted for a super nude tone with the new Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in “Naked 2”
- To polish off the entire look she applied her signature product - Carlene K Shine Bronzer to my arms, chest and back to give my body a polished summer glow, Must Have for the red carpet!
This look is NOT as complicated as it looks and you can easily play around with the products you have at home and try this out for a night out with the gals or a hot date!
Can we talk about my manicure? Steph Stone “Nailed” it again with a nude polish that didn’t compete with my outift and left my nails happy and “polished” (two puns in one sentence hahaha )
The nail “Unicorn” herself…
And drum roll…
The finished Look! Couldn’t have done it without everyone from my team - they are mega!!!
Post by Combined Minds