This mermaid inspired braided manicure looks extremely complicated but it is actually a lot easier to achieve than you’d think! Take a look at our three simple steps to learn how it’s done.
- NCLA “Emerald Bay” (Green Multi Color Glitter Polish)
- NCLA “Pick Me Up At Melrose Place” (Purple Polish)
- NCLA “Not So Sweet” (Baby Pink Polish)
- NCLA “Santa Monica Shore Thing” (Teal Polish)
- Seche Vite “Top Coat”
- On clean and manicured nails, paint one nail on each hand with two coats of your glitter polish and paint the remaining nails with two coats of your purple nail polish.
- This step is all about layering your nail polishes. First take your pink polish and paint a line diagonally across the nail from one side of the base of your nail, ending the line about midway to the tip on the opposite side. Repeat on all of your purple nails. Next take your teal polish and paint another diagonal line the opposite way, creating an X with the pink line. You are then going to take your purple polish again and paint a diagonal line directly beneath your first pink line. This purple line layer over a portion of the teal. It’s almost as though you are weaving the nail polish like a braid! Paint a pink line directly beneath your teal line, layering over the purple. Repeat this step alternating your colors in the same order until you have created a braided effect over the entire nail.
- Since you have layered more polish than you would normally for your manicure, there is probably more texture than usual as well. Your last step, (as always!), is to coat each nail with a super thick topcoat. This will make your manicure last longer and will smooth out any texture you may have acquired while painting.
Play up with some fun jewels and you will be all set to go for your next music festival or a fun night out!
Instagram & Twitter: @stephstonenails
Mint, Azul, Ocean, Palm - these are all words that come to mind when thinking of our most recent current crushes. This week has been over the top hectic and calm crystal blue seas and palms waving in the wind have been the perfect mental escape.
With Shay’s birthday the last week and the Coachella crazy, below are a few things that have popped on our radar and made a home in our lives…check it:
Buy it here:
- Mint & Gold Wrap Bracelet - The Brave Collection
The bracelets say “Klahan” which means “Brave” in “Khmer” the language of Cambodia. Made in Phnom Penh by a team of fair-trade Cambodian artisans using solid brass, each bracelet is carved and knotted by hand and 10% of the profits are donated to fight human trafficking.
- Flannel Shirt - Rails
I wear flannels to the gym, day to day and even out for a night on the town - they are the perfect piece to bring an outfit together or add a little extra something.
- Ripped Jeans - Blank Denim NYC
We are huge fans of Blank Denim as of late. The fit are fab on all body types and the price can’t be beat. Take this style from simple day to trendy night.
- Biore Skincare - Self-heating One Minute Mask
In just one minute, this thermal mask warms to open pores, draws out and dissolves 2.5 times more dirt, oil, and surface toxins than a basic cleanser, and rinses them clean away with an invigorating cooling sensation without stripping the skin. Infused with natural charcoal, this breakthrough mask melts dirt and oil better than most masks on the market.
- Realbeanz - Coconut Water Iced Coffee
Coffee and coconut water? So you’re saying it is good for us? There is nothing better than healthy convenience - and this is it. Made with hydrating coconut water and a blend of 100% natural ingredients in a flavorful coffee blend…perfecto!
- Sugarfina Candy - Faves Bento Box
Hello to the cutest packaging in the world! Good bye thank you, happy birthday or get well flowers - Hello Sugarfina super chic candy boxes. They also donate a portion to a couple very important causes as well.
- Sunglasses - Wildfox Twiggy Deluxe
Mirrored lenses with a twist. The bold, thick frames and reflective surface and perfect for festival seasons and a knock-out statement piece. They also come in several colors.
- Gold Gladiator Sandals - Stuart Weitzman
With elastic straps going up they legs - these fuss free sandals can be worn to the beach or with a cocktail dress at night. The price is reasonable for high-end shoes as well so these are a great investment for your sunny wardrobe essentials.
- BanTotal - Refresh Cooling Body Wipes
These instantly cool hot skin on contact and leave you feeling refreshed. These convenient wipes leave behind a translucent, superfine powder that keeps skin smooth and comfortable, especially after a workout. And with three light refreshing scents—Enliven, Invigorate, and Restore—you can replace any lingering workout smell with delicate, reviving fragrance in a flash.
- Cupcake - Baked by Melissa Mint Chocolate Chip
These bite sized little morsels are the ideal sugar fix. Go online and even design your own kind. They obviously don’t last long in our household though - one bite turns to 5!
- Tropical Picture - Hotel Azucar Mexico
This hotel is everything - with the bubblegum pink accents and white wash structures it is the perfect girls getaway. Located off the beaten path it is also relaxation certified.
- Powder Blue Handbag - H&M
I bought this in a stone color and have had nothing but compliments from everyone I pass. Is it Saint Laurent? Is it Celine? NO! It is H&M and perfect for an everyday bag that fits it ALL…this is IT bag approved.
- Eyeliners - Nars Larger than Life Long-Wear
Ditch the black for a little something fun. Water an Palm inspired these will add a little something to your usual plain black liner and make those eyes pop!
- Eyeshadow - Nars Duo Cream Shadow in Burn it Blue
Like the liners, these are great for a little change. I am used to creams and neutrals and done right, these will brighten the eye with out looking over the top.
*Portions of this post sponsored by KAO Brands
Spring Break, Coachella, Easter, Spring Blossoms, Spring….just a few reasons to have the perfect mani this month. Usually we post a step-by-step tutorial from our girl Stephanie Stone (which we will still be doing), but we wanted to switch it up a bit.
There are so many delicious looking colors out right now making it easy for anyone to have the perfect nails, not to mention over the top and festival ready nail wraps to make your mani look like magic.
Check out our top picks below, with a little help from Steph Stone:
Buy it here:
- Zoya - Nail Polish in Dot
- NCLA - Nail Wraps in Secession Reloaded
- NCLA - Nail Wraps in Dunes
- Deborah Lippmann - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Essie - Nail Polish in Cocktails & Coconuts
- Essie - Nail Polish in Style Hunter
- Deborah Lippmann - Tip Toe Through Tulips
- Essie - Nail Polish in Lapiz of Luxury
- NCLA - Nail Wraps in Last Call?… I don’t think so!
- NCLA - Nail Wraps in Realeyes
- Deborah Lippmann - Nail Polish in Blue Orchid
- NCLA - Nail Polish in From LA to ANYWHERE
- NCLA - Nail Polish in Don’t Sugar Coat It!
- Estee Lauder Nail Polish in Dilettante
Insta+Twitter: @StephStoneNails shopncla
Post by Steph & Michaela