Day 2 - part 2/2 El Nido in Palawan
So, let’s pick up where we left off in my amazing trip to the El Nido Resort in Palawan… in order to work off off the calories from the amazing lunch that I described in my earlier post, I decided to try my hand at rock climbing.
Up to this point, the only experience I had had doing this was in an indoor setting. Although it looked a lot easier than it actually was, I was happy that I managed to scramble up the side of the rock face without too much difficulty. Woo hoo!!
After leaving Entalula beach club, we took the catamaran to Vigan Island (Snake Island). Located near Pangulasian Island, it is commonly called “Snake Island” because of a fine natural sandspit (s-shaped sandbar) that “snakes” off its shores. The sandspit only appears at low tide. The 5-minute hike to the top of the island rewards a person with a view that is absolutely amazing!
Nothing like a refreshing swim in the beautiful ocean to make a person feel like a million dollars!!!
After my swim, we headed back to another one of El Nido’s resorts known as Miniloc Island. This was the first resort built at El Nido, and it had a very inviting and rustic feel to it.
I have an amazing array of incredible memories from my stay at the El Nido Resort, but the one that I reflect back on the most was captured best by this photograph, which was taken from my balcony. Ahhhhhh…paradise!!
Cheers to another great day…
After enjoying a relaxing nap on my balcony, it was time for dinner. Little did I know what my amazing hosts at the El Nido resort had in mind. Just prior to dinner, we were asked to come down to the dock and board a boat, which was going to take us to a special location. About 15 minutes later, we arrived at a gorgeous lagoon, which was bordered by an array of shimmering lights.
As we got closer, August, the hotel manager at Miniloc explained to us that he had arranged a VERY special evening for us. He told us that our dinner that night would be savoured in the middle of a lagoon, on a floating dock.
Once we stepped on to the dock, we were seated at a table that would not have been out of place at any of the world’s finest restuarants. The sumptuous dinner that followed, when coupled with the unbelievable setting, resulted in an evening that can only be described as sublime and magical. I have had the good fortune to be able to dine at some incredible restuarants from around the world, but this sensational experience tops them all. Just incredible!!!
After dinner, we headed back to the resort. The ocean breeze and the gentle rolling of the boat soon sent me off to dreamland…
- wildbeautifulsoul likes this
- joyfernandez likes this
- mitchie4life likes this
- rainbow-bunchies reblogged this from shaymitchblog
- peaches-beau likes this
- thebtwins likes this
- mikaisoler reblogged this from shaymitchblog
- thatvaleriegirl likes this
- dani2881 reblogged this from shaymitchblog
- dani2881 likes this
- jess-ssicag90 likes this
- shaymitchellbieber likes this
- cassaundrajayne likes this
- medoblog reblogged this from shaymitchblog
- medoblog likes this
- im-in-likeee-with-youu likes this
- meg-0403 likes this
- theshaymitchellfan likes this
- shaymitchellfans1 reblogged this from shaymitchblog
- shaymitchellfans1 likes this
- daroyarizzah likes this
- namuhlove likes this
- marieangelie likes this
- isthatyougubnah likes this
- princessdarling-xoxo likes this
- unravelingthoughtz likes this
- carla-mae likes this
- cindybanh likes this
- super-starr likes this
- sheelajane likes this
- anghelchim3029 likes this
- asugardreams likes this
- sinbadxoxo likes this
- joanna-lana likes this
- myles-f likes this
- omgpll reblogged this from shaymitchdaily
- atenekecoryte likes this
- beautifulpantomime likes this
- shaymitchdaily reblogged this from shaymitchblog and added:
- brightenupmydayeveryday said: Glad you enjoyed your stay!
- brightenupmydayeveryday likes this
- dreamwithglitter likes this
- kayeadalin likes this
- imkchavez likes this
- catalienastillo likes this
- edmariezilla likes this
- briskieluan reblogged this from shaymitchblog
- daphnesiy likes this
- lceledonio said: Hope when you came back here in Philippines you can visit the Queen City of the South.. You can also explore what we have here. Cebu is a place where celebreties became ordinary citizens and enjoy there vacation like no other. Different from Manila.
- yanisoba likes this