Kale Chips who? I don’t know many people that haven’t hopped on the “kale” wagon. I mean who wouldn’t - especially when an uber healthy, green veggie can be turned into somewhat a member of the “chip” family.
When we are cleansing, or on a health kick, kale chips are our saving grace. So whilst on my most recent cleanse I developed the NEW and IMROVED Kale chip: The Brussel Sprout Chip.
What You will need:
- a dozen large brussel sprouts
- olive, grape seed or coconut oil
Directions:It is best to use the same size brussel sprouts so that when you separate the leaves, the “chips” are around the same size and cook evenly.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment. Start by cutting off the stems of the brussel sprouts so that the leaves aren’t attached and can be peeled away easily.
- Discard the first layer of the outer leaves. Peel the remaining leaves off until they start to get too small and lighter in color (you may need to cut the stem twice). Save the brussel sprout hearts to roast separately.
- Once they are all spread evenly on the baking pan, start with about 1-2 tablespoons of olive and drizzle it on the leaves - toss gently with your fingers making sure they are all coated evenly - if it isn’t enough add a little more - you do not want them soggy though.
- Sprinkle the leaves with some sea salt and a little bit of cayenne.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes - we like ours on the more crispy and cooked side..enjoy! :)
- Loreal “I Pink I’m In Love” (Baby Pink)
- Loreal “New Money” (Lime Green)
- Loreal “Jet Set To Paris” (Deep Blue)
- Loreal “Orange You Jealous” (Tangerine Orange)
- Loreal “Not a Cloud In Sight” (Teal)
- Loreal “Crazy for Chic” (Hot Pink)
- Scotch Tape
- Cup of room Temperature Water
- Nail Polish Remover
- Tiny Concealer Brush (Or Q Tip)
- Top Coat
- On a clean and dry manicure, paint all your nails with two coats of Loreal “I Pink I’m in Love” baby pink nail polish.
- Next carefully place scotch tape on your finger tip around every side of your nail plate.
- During this step you are going to want to unscrew every bottle of nail polish and leave them unscrewed but leave the cap on the bottle.
Place your cup of room temp. water in front of you and then place a drop of nail polish into the center of the cup. (It is important that the water be room temperature, because if the water is too cold the nail polish dries too quickly.)
Repeat with every color of polish- dropping your next color into the center of the last drop. The drops should spread out and expand inside the cup, creating rings of color. You can drop each color once, or as many times as you like, just be sure to work fast because the polish will dry up in the cup if you wait too long. (If the nail polish dries, you are unable to do Step 4)
- After you’ve dropped all your polishes inside the water take a tooth pick and drag it over the polish starting from the outer rings towards the center. Do this a couple times to create the desired design in the water. Then pick a spot of the design where the colors are mixed and looks the most interesting. Dip your finger nail side down into that specific spot. Before you pull your finger out again take another toothpick to clean out the nail polish around your finger in the water. (Repeat steps 3/4 for every finger).
- You will now have a super cool tie dye design on all your nails, but it’s also all over your fingers! Gently pull off the tape around your fingers and most of the mess will be cleaned off for you. Take your tiny concealer brush or Q-tip and dip it into nail polish remover. Then use that to clean up any remaining nail polish around your nail bed.
- Lastly as with any manicure- seal in your colors with a protective top coat for an ultra shiny finish!
Insta+Twitter: @StephStoneNails shopncla
Post by Steph Stone
I had the pleasure of meeting this beauty of an artist, Chela, and didn’t even realize one of my favorite songs, was her (She happens to be a good friends cousin)! Press play and fall in love with this beauty collaboration from two of my favorite artists.
(Checkout Chela’s new single ‘Zero’ out now!)