Below is a step-by-step on how to achieve my look from the Superbowl weekend.
- I began with combing the hair into a deep side part.
- Next, I blew out Shay’s hair using Phyto “Volumizing Spray" at the roots and created waves using a 2-inch iron, wrapping hair outside the iron.
- I then wrapped pieces together in rope like sections and let cool (this gives the waves a more natural shape that doesn’t look like it came from a curling iron).
- Once cool and set (about 10 min) I broke up the pieces using Carol’s Daughter “Healthy Hair Butter” to separate hair and give it tons of shine.
- Finish by teasing a section at the crown and spraying with Sebastian “Shaper Fierce” hairspray for long lasting hold.
- I started by using a small amount of Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up Concealer in Sand under the eyes and on any other areas where needed.
- Next I applied her foundation with a damp Beauty Blender sponge. I used the new Nars Radiant Cream compact foundation mixing Macao and Fiji.
- Next I used the Macao (the darker shade) and contoured the edges of her face (temples, under the cheekbones and Jaw) to add dimension to her complexion.
- Her brows were lightly filled in using Cle De Peau brow palette #2 just to strengthen her already full brows.
- I started by lining her top lash line with Black Pencil #4 from Armani making sure to fill in-between the lashes.
- Next I applied a wash of color over her eye in a Taupe eye shadow, Blondie from Nars. I started at the lash line and blended it up and out.
- Next I used a deeper Brown matte eye shadow, Bali from Nars and defined her crease.
- For a finishing touch I applied a matte burgundy eye shadow to the outer edges of the eye in a sideways “V” shape and along the bottom lash line to extend and elongate the eye.
- I finished off with Black mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- For the lips I applied a deep vino shade using Tom Ford lip stick in “Black Orchid”
- Using a lip brush I applied a coat, then blotted the lip with a single ply tissue and reapplied twice more for longer staying power and then blotted again.
- Lastly I dusted on Nars blush in Dolce Vita that slightly picked up the red wine tones in the lip and eyes.
- Then I applied Sonia Kashuk Highlighter stick in Sparkling Sands to the high points of her face (top of the cheekbone, bridge of nose, tip of chin and center of forehed) for a dewy glow.
This past weekend was the Super Bowl, for whomever lives under a rock and wasn’t aware. For majority of Men, it’s the one day of the year to not do anything other than eat over indulgent food, drink copious amounts of beer & spirits and watch football UNINTERUPTED with all your bro’s. For majority of women, it’s a live concert!!!!!
For Shay this year, it wasn’t JUST a concert, she was in the thick of it all! DirectTV flew Shay out to participate in the Celebrity Beach Bowl game, among other Super Bowl related activities ahem Jay-Z concert with a appearance by Beyoncé - and of course the Super Bowl itself.
Below is a visual adventure of Shay’s Super Bowl adventures in New York City this past weekend:
Aerial view from the plane…can you spot the stadium?!
Getting my hurrrrr done….lots of volume thanks to Bryce - @brycescarlett !
On the Red Carpet wearing Versace to the ESPN party
…and again at the GQ party at The Boom Boom Room!
The ladies and I from the DirectTV Beach Bowl!
Action Shot…gettin’ messy!
Team Blue won!
One of my favorite looks thus far…old Hollywood glam at the DirectTV party!
With Michelle - publicist and friend!
…can’t….breathe…surprise appearance from Beyonce!
Ready for a night out!
Our tickets to the game in our hot little hands…really cold hands actually!
Seahawks or Broncos?
There are never words to describe the energy at an event like this - a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Bruno Mars obviously KILLING IT!
Got our hats!
We went to sleep that night ready to leave the next morning and woke up to this…stuck in New York for another day…
So what do we do?
This meal was needed more than anything! A cozy and hearty meal to kill time at one of my favorite Cafe’s…Next time you’re in New York check-out Cafe Gitane!