One of our favorite outfits is throwing on a pair of jeans, white tee and a perfect fall coat with a KILLER bag. The best part about a good, quality bag is that it can take you from season to season for years to come. I remember my first “big bag investment” was a black Cole Haan leather purse with plenty of space and a cross body strap - cut to 6 years later… it is still one of my faves and has only gotten better with age.
Below are our top purse picks from fall/winter that can work for day or night:
- Dolce & Gabbana - Small Calf Hair Miss Sicily Bag
- Rebecca Minkoff - Sunny Mini
- Tory Burch - Thea Tote
- Reed Krakoff - Mini Atlantique Tote
- Saint Laurent - Studded Classic Baby Duffel
- Saint Laurent - Lutetia Flap Clutch
- Diane von Furstenberg - Mini Ombre Shoulder Bag
- Givenchy - Medium Lucrezia Duffel
- Marc by Marc Jacobs - Hail To The Queen Elizabeth
- Stella McCartney - Falabella Shaggy Deer Crossbody Bag
Enjoy our fellow fashionable bag ladies!
I had the opportunity to design nail wraps with one of my favorite nail brands NCLA. Today we’re going to show you the best way to apply the wraps in one of my designs “Aly En Vogue”… as well as how to customize that design to make it look extra unique and stylish for Fall. It will appear that you’ve spent hours trying to create this nail look- but with nail wraps It is really very simple to achieve!
- NCLA x Nailing Hollywood “Aly En Vogue” Nail Wraps (Includes Nail File)
- NCLA “Gloss it!”
- Gold Striping Tape
- 10 Swarovski Crystals
- Brush on Nail Crystal Glue
- Dotting Tool
- Cuticle Nippers
- (Orangewood Stick Optional)
- On a clean manicured and dry nail plate apply one coat of NCLA Gloss It! Let dry.
- Remove the outer sticker of your “Aly En Vogue” nail wraps to see the wrap sizes more accurately. Then measure your nails next to the wraps to make sure you choose the correct size for each finger.
- Then from the tab- peel the wrap off the sheet. Apply the rounded edge of the wrap as close to the cuticle as possible. Once the wrap is in place- flatten all sides of the wrap and pull tightly over the free edge of your nail to avoid air bubbles in application. If you have air bubbles you can easily press them out with an orange wood stick!
- File away the excess wrap that is hanging over the free edge of your nail. File gently in a downwards motion to prevent lifting the wrap!
- Apply the striping tape starting at the base of the nail going up along both outer sides of the center black V in the wrap. Then use cuticle nippers to snip the tape so that there is none hanging off the nail. If your tape is not laying flat on the nail wrap and there is some extra hanging off- it will lift immediately. This gold tape also compliments the floral on the wrap perfectly!
- Next you are going to place a crystal at the base of each nail. Brush a tiny bit of nail crystal glue at the base of the nail where both pieces of striping tape meet. Dab a drop of NCLA Gloss it! onto a piece of aluminum foil. Then dip your dotting tool into the Gloss it! and then place your dotting tool onto the top of a crystal. This will create a stickiness that will pick up the crystal and allow you to set it on place onto your dab of glue.
- Lastly apply one more coat of Gloss It! to your nails to seal in the wraps and lock your striping tape and gem in place. Be sure to coat the free edge of your nails with extra top coat to prevent lifting or chipping!
And there you have it! A quick and easy nail look that is simple enough to do on yourself but looks elaborate enough to have been done by a professional.
Check out other nail wraps designed by Steph Stone on www.shopncla.com .
Insta+Twitter: @StephStoneNails @ShopNCLA
For all of you ‘fashionistas’ out there, I am sure you can relate - you see all these amazing pieces made by fabulous designers - but couldn’t fathom owning one. Even Shay covets designer pieces from the likes of Balmain, Givenchy or Isabel Marant - we ALL do. Thankfully - large garment companies such as H&M have recognized the fashion passion in a large demographic and have made it possible for us all to rock a killer piece by a major designer…we introduce Isabel Marant for H&M…
Our Showroom Visit:
Our Top Picks:
Below are some of our top picks from the line (and ones we purchased ourselves):
- Jacket with Beaded Embroidery - $399
- Waxed Biker Jeans - $129
- Silk Dress - $129
- Linen Top - $34.95
- Patterned Sweatshirt - $59.95
- Silk Pants - $99
- Sweatpants - $59.95
- Long-sleeved linen top - $39.95
- Wool-blend Cardigan - $149
- Fine-knit Top - $49.95