This mermaid inspired braided manicure looks extremely complicated but it is actually a lot easier to achieve than you’d think! Take a look at our three simple steps to learn how it’s done.
- NCLA “Emerald Bay” (Green Multi Color Glitter Polish)
- NCLA “Pick Me Up At Melrose Place” (Purple Polish)
- NCLA “Not So Sweet” (Baby Pink Polish)
- NCLA “Santa Monica Shore Thing” (Teal Polish)
- Seche Vite “Top Coat”
- On clean and manicured nails, paint one nail on each hand with two coats of your glitter polish and paint the remaining nails with two coats of your purple nail polish.
- This step is all about layering your nail polishes. First take your pink polish and paint a line diagonally across the nail from one side of the base of your nail, ending the line about midway to the tip on the opposite side. Repeat on all of your purple nails. Next take your teal polish and paint another diagonal line the opposite way, creating an X with the pink line. You are then going to take your purple polish again and paint a diagonal line directly beneath your first pink line. This purple line layer over a portion of the teal. It’s almost as though you are weaving the nail polish like a braid! Paint a pink line directly beneath your teal line, layering over the purple. Repeat this step alternating your colors in the same order until you have created a braided effect over the entire nail.
- Since you have layered more polish than you would normally for your manicure, there is probably more texture than usual as well. Your last step, (as always!), is to coat each nail with a super thick topcoat. This will make your manicure last longer and will smooth out any texture you may have acquired while painting.
Play up with some fun jewels and you will be all set to go for your next music festival or a fun night out!
Instagram & Twitter: @stephstonenails
When I asked for people to help celebrate my birthday by donating to a cause I hold so close to my heart (@somalymamfoundation) and one that makes me the happiest, I couldn’t have fathomed the love and generosity that was received. I am sincerely overwhelmed and grateful for the outpour of selflessness, charity and love for not only myself but to the innocent souls that are affected by sex slavery everyday. Every dollar that came in has made a difference and no donation was greater then the other. We all have our own story and our own situations but to get out of yourself and help another, is something we should all strive to do more often.
On that note, in honor of my birthday month I want to keep the campaign going and not just donate because it’s my birthday wish, but donate because we can make a difference - because it isn’t about me or you - it is about US and making this world a better, safer and happier place.
If you haven’t already (and if you have thank you, thank you) click here to make a donation - every little bit helps. Again - I just want to stress how thankful I am and how inspiring this is. I see each and every donation come in and will acknowledge each and everyone of you separately! Love to all!
Take a minute and smell the roses…