You know we love our seasonal nail art! And what better a season then Christmas to get inspiration for your cuticled canvases!
Snowmen, snowflakes, trees, and ornaments galore! Below are some festive and fun ideas for you to try this season! There is however, a “cozy” idea that our go-to nail gal Stephanie Stone has conjured up with a step-by-step tutorial that will be on the blog…tomorrow…Stay tuned!
Are you like me who is a last minute shopper? I am known for giving exceptional gifts - I am just not exceptional at buying them early! Thankfully if you happen to shop in a pinch like myself, OUR Annual Gift Guide has arrived! And this year we made it a bit different :)
The perfect gifts for that special host or hostess on your party circuit:
Gifts for The Host/Hostess
- Cards Against Humanity - The gift that keeps on giving - We first played this game at a friends and I ordered it the second I got home (mind you there was a 2 month waiting list) - the perfect game to play with a couple cocktails!
- Aqua Farm - Kind of cheesy but super cool - a self watering planter and fish tank…either the best gift ever or you will be on the ‘never invite back list’.
- Restoration Hardware Slippers - I am a massive slipper fan - and we have them for guests when they come to our house. For the couple or family of four this is a great holiday host gift all tied up in a bow!
- Custom (paper) coasters - A personal touch that leaves the personal touch! And coming in a pack of 100 means they can re-use them at the next party!
- Le Labo Candle - I love Le Labo and especially love how you can personalize their candles!
- Real Simple Magazine Subscription - Tie the latest issue up with a nice ribbon and a card for the hostess with the mostess - it’s the gift that keeps on giving!
- 2014 Sugar Paper Calendar - Perfect gift to give a hostess to help her ring in the new year.
- Dana’s Bakery Macarons - Tied up in a bow for the hostess with a sweet tooth - what lady doesn’t love a good mac?
- Signature Cocktail Kit - Choose a cocktail of choice and create a cute little package with the spirit of choice and additional ingredients with the recipe :)
The perfect gifts for that Martha Stewart in your life:
Gifts for the Self-proclaimed Chef
- Vitamix Blender - This is a mega splurge item but something I have had on my list for years - a great investment!
- Product of GIR Spatula - I am a sucker for a good spatula - and who doesn’t love a stylish one in EVERY color!
- OXO Julienne Peeler - I recently just learned how to make Thai green papaya salad…and this tool is a must for that…great stocking stuffer as well!
- Williams-Sonoma Glass Bowl Set - I have given these as a gift several times - the 10 different sizes are super handy…a chef’s must have!
- Fifty Shades of Chicken - For the chef in your life who loves chicken and humor - this spin on the uber sexual ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ phenomenon is tongue in chic with chicken…brilliant!
- Umbra Sombrero Juicer - The no fail way to get lemon into your water…why didn’t I think of this? Doubles as a Stocking stuffer!
- Chicago Metallic Silicone Baking Cups - Improve your baking carbon footprint with these reusable muffin cups! Doubles as a Stocking stuffer!
- OXO Good Grips 9-Inch Tongs - So simple - yet so crucial for every meal - stocking stuffer approved!
- Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender - I have one of these and I use it a lot more than I thought…and who doesn’t love the cute colors!
The perfect gifts for the person who has everything, needs nothing, or will enjoy a gift from your heart while helping the world:
Gifts for the World
- Love Quotes Scarves - Love Quotes donates 10% of net profits to international children’s charities and aims to make the world a more beautiful place by adding color to our lives!
- Be The Light NY Candles - Be the Light New York by Petra Nemcova is a home decór lifestyle brand that will take you on an exciting journey around the world to discover countries and their treasures.
- LSTN Headphones - By purchasing a pair of LSTN headphones you help fund hearing restoration and spread awareness for the global problem of hearing loss and hearing impairment.
- Free the Children - Buy a Goat! - Education is the first step to helping children break free from the cycle of poverty. Free the children empower their mothers, improve their schools, outfit their health clinics and build clean water facilities, with an understanding that everyone and everything, in some way, is joined together. Checkout their catalogue to help a child, their family or their village!
- Me to We Ashe Bracelet - Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. They offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as life-changing experiences.
- Somaly Mam Silk Empowerment Necklace - Slavery survivors often create beautiful works of art as part of recovery therapy. The repetitive nature of stringing jewelry, weaving fabric, and embroidery provides these embattled survivors with a sense of comfort and security in structure and routine, engendering a feeling of pride and accomplishment.. These exquisite pieces reflect the strength, beauty, and resilience of each survivor.
- MAC Viva Glam - The M·A·C AIDS Fund’s mission is to serve people of all ages, all races and all sexes affected by HIV and AIDS. To partner with the bold, the visionary and the brave who confront the epidemic in countries and communities where people are most neglected, off the radar and at highest risk. By purchasing an item from the Viva Glam collection you can contribute to this movement!
- Tieks - Kiva and The Gavrieli Foundation are deeply committed to the empowerment of women around the globe as a means for social change in hopes of creating opportunity and alleviating poverty.
- Sevenly Shirts - Every week Sevenly (and its customers) teams up with a charity, helping raise funds and awareness for 7 full days. Each purchase made gives $7 to the charity partner of the week - and the shirts are uber cute an inspiring!
- Feed 100 Bag - The FEED 100 bag provides 100 Vitamin A Supplements to children around the world!
Anyone in your life constantly using trains, planes and automobiles? Here are the gifts for them:
Gifts for the jet setter
- Otterbox iPad Case - Don’t get your iPad all banged up in your luggage, in airport security, or on your final adventure with this protective iPad case!
- Cleobella Mexicana Clutch - Comes in multiple color options, the leather wears well, can work as a clutch for going out and is perfect for a boarding pass/passport.
- Beats Earbuds - Drown out the airplane noise with these earbuds - I guarantee it will take you into your own world…
- Travel Scrabble - This is Shay and her manager David’s travel must have…keeps long flights fun.
- Mophie Portable iPhone Charger - Unexpected layover? Caught with bad service that drains your battery? Mophie is an iPhone case that doubles as an extra battery!
- Moleskin Notebook - Jot things down on your travels in one of our fave everyday accessories…a moleskin notebook.
- Heads in Beds - This book is what every traveler needs to read. You’ll learn how to game the hospitality system and will pick up a tip or two on what not to do while on the road!
- Folding Raybans - Great for guys and gals - compact, classic, and excellent for travel.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Camera - If I don’t get one of these I will cry - the coolest instant film camera out there!
- Leather Catch All - This is the ideal way to bring a bit of home to a hotel room. Unsnaps to fold flat and makes for easy packing. Great place to throw coins, cufflinks, earrings, or keys in a hotel room.
Have a safe and successful last minute shopping trip!
Recently in the airport I got sucked into impulsively buying books at Hudson News. My more recent spontaneous buy had been “Heads in Beds,” which you may remember from Michaela’s review. This trip, however, a book entitled, “How Not To Be A Dick” caught my eye. I laughed when I saw the hilarious cover of a vintage-looking cartoon boy and girl giving each other cheesy, exaggerated high fives as if encouraging each other to, well, not be dicks. But I was drawn to this book for another reason. On a basic level, it’s always good to have a small reminder to be good to others. We all know the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” This book is that same mantra sprinkled with a bit of levity and a modern twist, making it a perfectly relevant dose of “mind your manners.”